The Business Analyst (“”BA””) reviews, analyzes and evaluates business systems and processes to develop detailed understanding of user needs. The incumbent may lead or assist with the design, implementation, and modification of custom applications. The BA may train end users and create related training materials. The BA is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving or escalating production problems. The incumbent will continuously gather business requirements and ensure that post-production issues are minimal. The BA will work on project related items as assigned. The BA may manage small projects.
• Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of user and application problems within a specific business area.
• Provide process, functional and technical expertise, within an assigned business area, in the analysis, design, development and implementation of business processes and applications.
• Collaborate with other IT staff and internal customers in new product reviews, tests and pilots.
• Document system functions and cross-functional processes for the IT group and for selected items for internal business customers.
• Provide consulting support on processes and systems issues.
• Elicit, document and analyze stated requirements and functional specifications for cross-functional projects to provide the best solution for business needs.
• Collaboratively design customer review and approved solutions with senior team members.
• Proactively leverage business and functional knowledge of one or more key areas to design solutions that address business needs.
• Identify operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions.
• Integrate project activities with Quality Assurance and Software Development teams to ensure successful implementation and support of projects.
• Foster and maintain productive relationships with internal teams and business partners.
• Maintain all project tasks through the production ticket system or project server on a weekly basis. Keep Project Manager informed of any issues.
• Create or assist with the creation and execution of test scripts for a module or application to ensure that production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades.