Memphis or Boston
We are looking for a highly talented Data Architect to join our growing analytics team. Throughout the institution, across the clinical, research, administrative, and operational domains there are many analytics customers who need access to accurate data and insightful analytics.
This job is for you if…
You are passionate about working with analytics customers and project teams to develop data management solutions and ensure a secure, reliable and high performing foundational cloud data architecture. The Lead Data Architect is key to supporting a wide range of operational data needs, including setting the standards for data architecture, data ingestion, data modeling, security and governance. You will excel at this job through collaborating with customers to truly understand their data needs, putting yourself in their shoes, thinking a few steps ahead of them in building a high-quality data environment that supports quick delivery of analytics to them. You will also help mature the overall data and analytics technology platform and service delivery strategy that aligns with our priorities and promote an institution-wide data-driven culture.
· Partner with customers across the institution to deliver thought leadership, look for new ways to enhance, develop or execute data-driven solutions and insights through the use of analytics
· Mature institution-wide data architecture that drives self-service/self-sufficiency
· Ensure a secure, reliable and high performing foundational cloud data architecture to support analytics across the institution
· Build strong partnerships with stakeholders across the institution
· Build a strong data architecture foundation that speeds up the delivery of analytics across the institution
· This position may be eligible for the possibility of remote work.
Some regular responsibilities might look like, but are not limited to,
· Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
· Lead other data architects in delivering robust and reusable data models to support analytics across the institution
· Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
· Create end-to-end vision on how logical design translates into one or more physical databases and how the data will flow through the successive stages.
· Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement.
· Develop standards for data ingestion pipelines, ETL/ELT and mapping of data from data sources to the Enterprise Data Warehouse
· Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
· Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
· Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
· Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
· Create and maintain data model and metadata policies and procedures for functional design
· Provide technical recommendations and engage with Solutions Architects, Business SMEs and other stakeholders throughout the analytics implementation lifecycle and recommend effective solutions to develop high performance and highly scalable data solutions (data marts/warehouse and data mining and advanced analytics)
· Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
· Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
· Document the project and programs data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture, an environment that supports a single version of the truth and is scalable to support future analytical needs
· Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement and platform upgrades.
· Communicate with customer, project team in a timely manner and escalates issues & risks appropriately.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
· Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
Minimum requirement: Five (5) progressive years of IT experience including strong database design, data architecture and data transform processes
· Four (4) years of exclusive ETL development experience preferred
· Four (4) years of exclusive data architecture experience highly preferred
· Be versed in Cloud solutions (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft, Azure, Snowflake cloud) or Big Data solutions and related technologies
· Expertise in data architecture concepts such as data modeling, workflow management, ETL/ELT, real-time streaming)
· Understanding data management and governance concepts such as data quality, metadata, dependency management, etc.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Willingness and ability to learn, adapt and apply new technologies
· Preferred experience with Microsoft Azure/Synapse/Power BI, Databricks, Epic EHR, and Workday ERP
· Preferred experience with implementation of “lakehouse” architecture patterns using Azure Databricks, Azure DevOps deployment pipelines, and platform governance enablement with Microsoft Purview.