As a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading Software and Cloud Engineering teams and collaborating across the entire organization to ensure the successful launch of new products and ongoing refinements of existing products. The ideal Director of Engineering will have a demonstrated track record of building high performance teams and delivery of highly scalable products. The Director of Engineering must have a passion for developing a team culture that inspires excellence in what we deliver, collaboration in how we deliver it and the innovation required to enable our client to help anyone who comes to us with a financial service need.
What you will do:
• Act as the ultimate technical authority for our Software and Cloud Engineering practices; balancing design, risks, budget, and schedule with Product and Information Security goals.
• Define the current and long-range direction of software development by enhancing and implementing best-in-class practices, policies and systems while delivering high quality and repeatable results.
• Oversee the design, implementation, and monitoring of key performance metrics and oversee operational efficiency for the Software and Cloud Engineering teams.
• Manage engineering execution to ensure continuous improvement of our systems.
• Ensure creation of structured and concise documentation, including presentations, process flows, root cause analyses, status reports, and other materials.
• Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
• Encourage open, candid exchange of ideas, and respectful challenges to status quo.
• Work with senior leaders and department heads, set expectations for all team members and hold employees accountable for results.
• Lead hiring, performance management, compensation, and evaluation of team members.
• Collaborate with leadership and HR to continually refine and modify career growth and succession plans to meet changing business needs.
What we’re looking for:
• 10+ years of software experience with exposure to C-level leaders.
• 5+ years leading software development teams.
• Experience leading in a remote or a hybrid company.
• Track record of new software product launches and implementations.
• Experience managing a globally distributed team is a nice to have.
• Experience with SDLC and agile software development methodologies, SAFE is a nice to have.
• Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence, ownership, and accountability in the platforms within scope.
• Proven experience influencing and building trusted relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to develop vision, strategic plans, technology roadmaps as well as focus on tactical priorities, processes, procedures, and issue resolution.
• The ability to seamlessly toggle between the strategic and the tactical.
• Extensive experience with software architecture and patterns, including API Development, Software as a Service, Event Driven, Micro Services, and Service Oriented Architectures.
• AWS expertise coupled with deep knowledge of containers and orchestration systems.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Strong product sense coupled with an ability to take a developer perspective.
• Expert in performance and people management with a focus on mentoring and motivating engineers.
• Very strong analytical skills – including requirements analysis, detailed planning and risk assessment.
• Strong ability to build relationships with external stakeholders as well as internal leadership at all levels, along with effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.