San Pedro, CA
The hands-on “IT shift manager” manages operational availability of Technology Infrastructure, Systems, and Service vendors during the work shift. This role is responsible of ensuring that local IT delivery team and IT service vendors deliver to expectations during operational work shift. The role will be tasked with implementing IT procedure for vendors and for teams under its responsibility. The role focuses on local IT operations while partnering with regional & global IT teams for a consistent execution of shared services and tool.
Candidate must have an experience with management and with practice for running IT operation, with management of technology infrastructure, systems and in people management. The candidate will lead and manage a focused technology team, technology vendors and work towards developing and delivering high quality business and foundational IT technology area. The candidate must be skilled in working alongside operational area users, in collecting and managing operational requirements, and in problem solving.
• Manage team & IT Service vendors in their responsibilities for delivering & maintaining tech infrastructure, tech solutions and day-to-day operational management of the end user expectations, services, and associated IT tools.
• Provide oversight and governance to ensure high-value, appropriate technology solutions are implemented along with maintaining productive relationship with business stakeholders.
• Responsible for management of IT system environments availability, management of IT and OT releases and new solutions. Coordinate with IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology) teams for doing release planning, approvals and anything impacting systems availability in production.
• Coordinate on IT management activities with the offshore teams, regional and global teams and with operational execution functions.
• Management of people and procedures required to enable 7×24 support activities for production environments; including administration, incident resolution and end-user expectations management.
• Design policies, procedures/processes and implement them with the consent of the IT Leadership team.
• Determines IT infrastructure, system/service availability requirements based on agreed-upon SLAs, including downtime and maintenance windows.
• Identify, raises and track issues, remove barriers, resolves problems of medium complexity involving stakeholders, and escalates to the appropriate level when required.
• Manages contracts with vendors (e.g., development platforms, IT infrastructure, telecommunication companies, business system managers) and software licenses.
• Work with IT Director, define the proper management strategy to ensure proper service and capability of IT organization.
• Education – Engineering degree and certification in Project management, Information Technology, Software engineering or related discipline is preferred.
• Experience – Minimum five (5) years of technology operations management, management of people and function. Project management experience.
• Skills – following are strongly recommended/critical:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with strong customer service orientation: This role will constantly be communicating concerns, changes.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly understand complex systems.
• Can work well under pressure with limited direction and are comfortable with change.
• Experience with management and allocation of work across local, functional & geographical teams.
• Can address operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction.
• Collaboration: Must build strong working relationships with stakeholders. Must possess skills, personal tact, cultural understanding, and well-developed communication skills (cross functional as well as on different levels).
• Functional Excellence: Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives. Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure (time and resources), apply analytical thinking and creative problem solving to daily tasks.
• Must be well-organized, punctual, and persistent (personal discipline) with strong internal client service skills.
• Maintains credibility with leadership team.