San Pedro, CA
Responsible for the shaping of the our business demands regarding the overall applications landscape and its integrations with Operational Technology (OT) including supporting and maintaining automation applications by leading the application owners. Works closely with the IT Director to build the applications IT budget, managing vendors and control the IT costs. Actively collaborate with his business stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve process efficiency adopting new IT capabilities.
Overall responsibilities are the following:
• Overseeing the correct management and implementation of applications in the applications landscape.
• Researches and analyzes improvement opportunities, conducts analysis, prepares recommendations and facilitates efficiency enhancements. Develops business requirement documents and specifications.
• Supports the review and understand control system design and process requirements to develop software functional specifications for optimization/continuous improvement projects.
• System integration, software test planning, testing, and commissioning for the automation application landscape.
• Ensure proper application lifecycle and version management by following up every software release into production environment while acting as hyper care support.
• Works as directed by management team to research and document business issues involving workflow procedures and processes.
• Main Interface with the automation team to provide guidance for hardware fixes that are configured from the application.
• Interface with Project, Ops, and AM to lead troubleshooting and RCA exercises for operational incidents at the application level, develop requirements, and support documentation and procedure generation efforts.
• Lead troubleshooting calls for Incidents Priority 1 to 4 acting as the incident manager when an issue is presented at the application level.
• Analyze data and work with management to develop creative IT solutions
• Works closely with the operational and functional team to identify and implement improvements to business operations, services, and models.
• Ensure proper integration of vendor engineering solutions into the overall engineering documentation.
• Define and Ensure vendor SLAs is meet trough definition of proper KPIs per application or solution.
• Collaborate with the regional platform Sr business analysts and Delivery Management to identify opportunities to modernize, streamline and standardize the tech portfolio.
• Lead the efforts in the development of root cause analysis for major incidents impacting the operations and ensure identified countermeasures are deployed as planned.
• Ensure to meet the Policy Deployment initiatives where any application.
• With the IT Director, define the Tech portfolio modernization, infrastructure simplification and applications rationalization.
University or higher vocational degree and certification in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience, automation component experience is preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years of project handling/coordination experience and process documentation.
• Experience on IT support organizations, Level 2 or Level 3 prefer.
The following are strongly recommended/critical:
• Understanding of Software application life cycle and IT Service Management.
• ITIL V4 Certified is recommended.
• Experience with Operations System is a plus.
• Knowledge on application architecture design.
• Understanding of High availability application landscapes.
• Understanding of Continuous Improvement/LEAN/Six Sigma.
• Collaboration – Able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders. Must possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and well-developed communication skills (cross functional as well as on different levels).
• Functional Excellence – Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives. Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure (time and resources), and to apply analytical thinking and creative problem solving to daily tasks. Must be well-organized, punctual, and persistent (personal discipline) with strong internal client service skills.
• Advanced Data analysis skills
• Good leadership and communication skills
• Good understanding of the operating model
• Shows credibility with leadership team
• Experience with Agile principles and methods
• Experience with applying WOW (Lean) standards and tooling
• Working experience managing demands
• Problem Solving sounding experience
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed mainly indoors (90%) but it will require to perform some coordination activities outdoors, specially under testing phase.
General office setting, typically the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work, usually at a computer terminal – with short breaks or lunch period. However, there may be some bending/stooping, reaching above shoulder level, walking; standing; carrying of light items such as papers, books or packages of up to 25 pounds. Should be able to hear & speak clearly using phone / headset to communicate with customers; be able to navigate, view & enter information on the computer. May need to travel across the US and occasionally overseas.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
• Reports directly to Head of IT.
• This position has 4 direct reports as well of managing multiple contractors and 3rd party vendors to monitor and supervise.
• This position works with both internal and external stakeholders.