Product Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Define and communicate the product vision and strategy. Collaborate with stakeholders to understand market needs, define product goals, and align them with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- To create and maintain the product roadmap, which outlines the high-level plan for product development and evolution. Should prioritize features and enhancements based on business value.
- Manage the product backlog, which contains a prioritized list of Epics, Capabilities, and enhancements. Should continuously refine backlog items, prioritize work, and ensure that the backlog aligns with the product vision and roadmap.
- To work closely with development teams, providing clarifications on product requirements, participating in backlog refinement sessions, and answering questions related to the product.
- And also collaborate with the RTE to ensure a shared understanding of the product vision and requirements.
- Continuously assess and prioritize new features.
- Track KPIs and capture metrics.
- Communicate the product’s progress, plans, and goals to various stakeholders. (Includes agenda, Deck, status, Roadmap, Etc.)
- Create and maintain the product documentation in Confluence, creating Epics and Capabilities cards in JIRA.
- Identify potential risks and challenges in collaboration with RTE and Teams and develop mitigation strategies.
- Once the product is developed and tested, validate that the product is free of any defects.
- Leads product development, strategy, and redesign from concept through development and manufacturing to market launch.
- Develops products by identifying potential products, conducting market research, generating product requirements, developing marketing strategies, and determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, and answering questions and requests.
- Completes operational requirements and meets product development deadlines by scheduling and assigning employees, and following up on work results, including quality control and testing.
- Identifies and manages new and existing product partnerships.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and content, and participating in professional societies.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Product innovation and development track record
- Project management skills
- Customer focus
- Budgeting and purchasing
- Understanding of the marketplace
- Technical and manufacturing know-how
- Leadership and team management
- Data analytics and metrics management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Experience drafting Product and Market Requirements Documents
- Familiarity with Agile work management and/or the ability to effectively communicate complex processes within and across teams
- Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms
- Experience using SQL.
Product Manager Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial engineering, or a field tied to the product’s sector (tech, finance, etc.) required, master’s in engineering or MBA a plus
- 2-3 years relevant work experience, including project management experience
- Prior management experience a plus
- SAFe POPM certification is must
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodology and/or workflow management tools JIRA, Confluence.