Hybrid – Weston, MA
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning, product marketing and customer engagement for their product. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. The Product Manager works with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define and communicate the product strategy, vision and roadmap and be able to present on it.
- Engage product’s development and architect leads to jointly develop the product roadmap
- Engage customers on the roadmap, ensuring every customer understands the product direction
- Lead client focused discussion on product direction and strategy, at least monthly
- Partner with application development lead/manager to prioritize the backlog and develop creative solutions to customer problems.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Understand and communicate where the company stands in relation to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product and how it fits into the overall company
- Product positioning
- Perform product demos to customers and sales prospects
- Partner with training facilitators to make them an expert on the product
- Brief and train the sales team at periodic sales meetings
- Brief press and analysts, participate in press tours and create a holistic “go to” market strategy.
- Evangelize your product internally, as well as at conferences, sales meetings, company meetings.
- Lead and manage vendor relationships associated with your product.
- Engage other Product Managers to help create an integrated, cohesive platform.
- 4–8 years’ experience with financial services software, as either supplier or user
- Well-rounded understanding of the needs of financial advisors and their clients
- Experience in creating and delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to understand and participate in technical discussions
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience working directly with customers/clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to consistently provide a high level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and deliver successful results within a project timeline
- Understanding of Scrum concepts and Agile principles
- Ability to present, with confidence, new solutions for existing problems to colleagues and managers