Our company is taking on major initiatives to reimagine and rebuild many of its customer facing digital experiences and assets using industry leading agile development practices and contemporary technology strategies that will produce innovative and high-quality software. We are a specialized agile software product delivery organization within the greater company enterprise which designs, builds, and delivers consumer-grade digital experiences for our customers. We believe in the culture and values of a lean start-up within the broader enterprise and put into practice every day the principles of agile methodology, servant leadership, continuous learning, and relentless improvement.
This critical position combines portfolio management, resource planning, and project delivery. This individual will be responsible for managing the resource and capacity management routines and capabilities that will support portfolio planning and optimization. In collaboration with delivery teams, functional leads, and business partners, this role ensures optimal resource plans and allocations to position technology talent and teams for successful delivery of Digital capabilities in alignment with Digital’s roadmap vision and priorities. This position will report into the Lead Director, Digital Technology Operations.
The ideal candidate for the role is a highly motivated and self-driven individual with operational expertise, process orientation, analytical skills, and an execution-focused mindset. This individual should have depth of experience and aptitude in workforce planning, portfolio management, budgeting and forecasting, and be able to provide data-driven insights to leaders, portfolio managers, and delivery teams. This individual should have professional communication skills and be comfortable in communicating with senior managers and leaders, managing risk and escalating issues effectively when warranted. He or she will enable value delivery and drive positive change while collaborating with colleagues across the Digital organization.
• Develop and implement resource and capacity management processes and tools that align project, resources, and costs to achieve increased efficiency in portfolio planning and execution.
• Support functions in conducting long-term resource needs analysis by aligning on assumptions for annual business planning including portfolio progression, capacity strategies, and financial targets.
• Conduct periodic resource assessments to identify risks and coordinate proposals for resolution of resource constraints.
• Assist the Engineering leadership team in the areas of technical staff and capacity planning, budgeting and financials, and engineering delivery metrics and measurement. Defining and standardizing planning, metrics and process in these areas is critical to enable and position engineering teams for success in a scaled organization.
• Personnel and Capacity planning – facilitate working groups including Engineering, Product management, Human Resources, and Finance to determine Engineering capacity needs and ramp/change to support roadmaps. Determine and communicate the staffing strategy and technical resource mix based on objectives, workload, and deliverable timelines.
• Budgeting and Financials – Work closely with Finance partners and engineering leaders to fully understand and closely manage engineering’s financial needs and spend, which includes capacity costs, tooling, education, T&A, and other areas of engineering budget. This will include consolidating and actively managing engineering budget for yearly strategic planning.
• Work with Product Management Office, Digital Operations, Agile PMO and other stakeholders to define, align, and measure key performance metrics in support of meeting and achieving OKR’s.
• Must have excellent problem-solving, communication skills and a strong track record of delivering results. Cross-team collaboration, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential. A strong record of customer advocacy and influence without authority is important for this role.
• 7+ years required experience in Portfolio Management, Program Management, Project Management or related field.
• Demonstrated experience in developing resource management capabilities consisting of large global resource pools (1000+) supporting complex portfolios, preferably in R&D drug development.
• Experience designing, deploying, and supporting PPM, reporting, or business operations solutions, with an emphasis on resource capacity planning; PMO team member experience a plus.
• Proficient in the use of enterprise Project Management, Business Intelligence, (BI), and reporting tools such as Clarity, Qlik Sense, or similar. Experience designing, implementing, and supporting such systems strongly preferred.
• Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions using solutions – based thinking in problem- solving, asking probing questions, and looking for underlying issues.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills; Capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization.
• Ability to effectively work on teams with in a highly collaborative environment.
• Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical, and people skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non- technical audiences of various levels in the organization (executive, management, individual contributor).
• Experience working with executives, colleagues and leaders of all levels in Digital or IT/technical teams, and an understanding their priorities and goals.
• Extensive experience in process administration, business operations, an/or project management in a large enterprise.
• Previous experience in Agile product development.
• Broad understanding of digital, IT and computer science concepts.
• Experience in healthcare industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent degree, or equivalent years of experience in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field.