Remote (EST/CST only)
- This position is open to candidates seeking remote opportunities. Candidates must be open to quarterly or monthly travel to headquarters in Johnston, RI, depending on business needs.
- We are hiring a backend developer to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who would like to enhance their current skills and learn new technologies. Join an Agile development product team that designs build, and implements state-of-the-art applications that enable our multi-billion-dollar business! These teams expertly design and develop applications and services that provide critical data from our transactional systems to drive business processes throughout the company and for our customers.
- Responsible for overseeing the coding, testing, analysis, design, definition, development, and implementation of business applications within our Strategy and Business Enablement(S&BE) department.
- Persons holding this position typically provide technical expertise within a product team and act as both individual contributors and technical leaders responsible for the technical delivery of features and stories.
- Incumbents are the primary contact for collaboration with leaders on the team, IT colleagues, consulting partners, and other stakeholders to evaluate all aspects of the product requirements and processes. They can assess available technologies and determine appropriate solution options in one or more computing environments.
You will bring…
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team.
- Commitment to the technical delivery
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology pragmatically to create client value.
- Experience designing and building maintainable, evolvable, and highly testable systems.
- The desire and initiative to know the latest development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
- 7+ years of application development experience with large-scale business applications being part of the agile product development team.
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience with Financial Accounting Systems/ General Ledger projects within Financial Services or Insurance industries Technical Skills
- Strong proficiency and hands-on experience working with C# or Java, .NET, data structures, basic algorithms, and applying object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Strong understanding of architectural principles, data modeling, and application security.
- Strong Proficiency with relational databases modeling, design, query construction, and optimization using RDBMS such as Oracle.
- Experience developing database-stored procedures using advanced T-SQL or PL-SQL.
- Experience designing and implementing efficient RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Object-Relational tools such as Entity Framework, EF Core, Dapper, or NHibernate.
- Strong proficiency with development tools such as Visual Studio and Git.
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests with NUnit, xUnit, MS Test, Selenium or similar.
- Knowledge of user interface development using ASP.Net, Angular, or React
- Proficiency with DevOps tools such as Azure DevOps or JIRA.
- Knowledge of Power BI data modeling, writing reports, and creating visualizations with Power BI or other BI tools.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews and pull requests as the reviewer and the reviewee.
- Self-motivated to stay current in development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns and a desire to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
- Experience with agile methodologies and frameworks Education
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology
- Advanced degrees and certifications are desirable.