The Senior Network Security Engineer is a member of the IT Operational Security team and will work on global initiatives to design, maintain and enhance the enterprise wide technical information security program. The incumbent is responsible for the design, coordination and oversight of multiple Operational Security and Risk Management programs, and processes. The incumbent will be required to have a strong understanding of the implemented security designs, ability to perform environment-specific assessments, factoring in both operational and IT risks, and aid in the deployment of security based on those assessments and a strong understanding of the company strategy. The incumbent will utilize and develop processes and standards to ensure that the security environment is not only maintained and consistent, but also aligns with industry best practices. The incumbent, on an ongoing basis, will work closely with internal and external business units, advising them on operational security requirements to ensure alignment and adherence across departments, countries and regions globally.
• Design, configure, implement and maintain security platforms and their associated software, such as routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, and MDM.
• Design response policies to solve the existing threats and security issues.
• Determining latest technologies and processes that help improve the overall security of the environment globally.
• Developing tracking documents to note system vulnerabilities.
• Reporting the security analysis and monitoring findings.
• Design, review and ongoing assessment of firewall, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, VPN, SSL, application control, Antivirus, and other network component policies.
• Daily triage, and update/resolution of tickets generated
• Ensure network security best practices are implemented through auditing: router, switch, firewall configurations, change control, and monitoring.
• Provide periodic vulnerability testing and checking the system for weaknesses in software and hardware for risks and impact to the environment
• Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
• Investigating intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations.
• Follow project management methodology and demonstrate best-practices in network documentation as required
• Manage all client situations in a professional and courteous business manner, while timely keeping the customer abreast of expectations, problem status and completion.
• Liaise between regional IT and other departments on security related items.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships.
• Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
• Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
• Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate others to achieve results.
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment
• Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
• Good strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of risk and control assessment methodologies
• The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the position’s expectations and responsibilities are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required
• Experience in network design and implementation required
• Experience with fiber network management preferred
• Minimum five years’ IT, network service or IT security experience required
• Knowledge of Information Security Standards (ISO 27001/27002, ITIL, etc.) preferred
• Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security policies, processes, procedures and standards required
Approximately 85% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 15% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.