The Software Engineering Manager – Integration Services guides technology adoption across product teams, builds, and maximizes the capabilities and skills within the chapter, manages and supports chapter members (employees and contingent labor). The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for the development and growth of their chapter members and building of competencies. They are responsible for team composition optimization, for reviewing priorities and assessing resource and/or backlog redirection, for metrics associated with talent evolution, and for all other administrative responsibilities within the Chapter.
The Software Engineering Manager is a technologist who identifies relevant technology trends and tools that could improve skillsets and overall technology product delivery. The Software Engineering Manager acts as practice leader who is hands-on, contributes directly to the success of the team, acquires domain knowledge, engages with solution architects, and product owners as a technical SME to ensure alignment of strategic direction for the technology managed within their area.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer or Application Developer developing software solutions using technology such as C#, .NET, REST API design and development, OOPs, Angular/React.
- 2+ years’ experience with API Management Tools and eventing streaming technologies like Kafka
- 2+ years’ experience managing, coaching, mentoring, and developing a highly motivated technical workforce.
- Experience interviewing, recruiting, hiring, assessing, and retaining technical personnel.
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Experience working with architects and product owners to understand capacity and demands and optimize these skills on teams.
- Experience encouraging development team members to create a rewarding working environment in which they are driven and motivated to have a real impact within their respected product teams.
- Experience creating an environment of learning and continuously improving your skills, development team skills, and your department.
- Experience in evaluating technologies, running effective technology proof of concepts, and coordinating technology vendor relationships.
- Experience working on cross-functional initiatives and products that cover several organizations, business units or countries.
- Agile experience
- Experience in fast-paced Agile environments is a plus.
- Recognized servant leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience is required.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems is a plus!