Overview / Responsibilities
Join an Agile development team at our client that designs, builds, and implements state-of-the-art applications that enable our multi-billion-dollar business! These teams expertly design and develop applications and services that provide critical data from our transactional systems to drive business processes throughout the company and for our customers.
Responsible for oversight of the coding, testing, analysis, design, definition, development, and implementation of business applications within our client’s Information Services department. This is the highest-level position within the Application Development/Analysis job family. Persons holding this position typically provide the senior technical expertise within a project team. Incumbents are the main contact for collaboration with business staff, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to evaluate all aspects of the project requirements and processes. They can assess available technologies and determine appropriate solution options in one or more computing environments.
• 5+ years in Database Architecture, Design and Development
• Experience with Enterprise technological environments
• Experience with Financial Accounting Systems/ General Ledger projects within Financial Services or Insurance industries
• Understands business processes in one or more functional business areas.
• Experience in defining and implementing Accounting Policy and the rules to create journal debit and credit lines for various financial lifecycle-based events.
• Knowledge of relevant technologies, tools, and extract, transfer and load technologies (Service Gateway, ETL tools)
• Experience working with data driven projects is important, as is implementation of solutions within component architectures Data Warehouses, data-marts, accounting engines, sub-ledgers.
• Experience with systems/architecture design
• Translation of requirements and models into highly effective technical processes and/or business system designs
• Strong proficiency with SQL, relational databases design, query construction, and stored procedures. Ideally with both Oracle and SQL Server.
• Basic UNIX/Windows OS skills
• Knowledge of Power BI data modeling, writing reports and creating visualizations with Power BI or other BI tools.
• Experience with SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
• Experience with shell scripting; CMD/PowerShell/bash or similar.
• Development experience with automation tools, Java, C#, or Python a plus
• Working knowledge of source control, e.g. Git
• Ability to think in the abstract to compare similar, but not exact, business processes.
• Motivated to stay ahead of the current technology environment and understand future technology trends.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to translate technical concepts as appropriate to the level of the audience.
• Ability to work self-directed and as part of a team on projects of varying size; works well on cross-functional project teams and shows dedication to tasks, project, and to team.
• Experience in fast-paced Agile environments a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!