Role & Responsibilities:
The VP of Data Technology will be responsible for leading a diverse and curious development team and collaborating across the entire organization to ensure the successful launch of new products and ongoing refinements of existing products. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of building high-performance teams and delivery of highly scalable products. The VP of Data Technology must have a passion for developing a team culture that inspires excellence in what we deliver, collaboration in how we deliver it, and the innovation required to enable us to help anyone who comes to us with a financial service need.
What You Will Do:
• Build and lead our Data Engineering organization from the ground up, fostering a data-driven culture and overseeing career development and performance management for a team of engineers and architects.
• Identify the next level of leadership in the organization (both technical and people leaders)
• Oversee technical strategy and architecture across data integration, data lake, data warehousing, data access layers, and data reporting.
• Partner with business, engineering, security, and product teams to understand their specific requirements for data, metrics, and analytic outputs.
• Build efficient & scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across business lines.
• Architect & take ownership of our disparate data environments, bringing them into one, comprehensive org-wide data management strategy that clearly defines how data will be stored, modeled, computed, consumed, integrated, and managed across different functional areas, entities, systems, and various data domains from streaming to batch processing.
• Deliver sustainable, scalable designs, managing the data framework (e.g. blueprints) which includes conceptualizing, designing, deploying, and managing our data foundation enabling the strategic use of data.
• Oversee Data Operations and Data Engineering teams to build and maintain the data foundation, data pipelines, data stores, data models, streaming services, data integration services, and quality controls.
• Drive the implementation of data governance and data security-related processes.
• Establish and evangelize best practices, frameworks, and processes for source code management, metadata cataloging, ETL logic, testing automation, quality controls, and task monitoring across data engineering. Inspire and create a motivating environment through coaching, mentoring, and enablement.
• Provide opportunities to participate in both formal and informal developmental activities.
• Working with senior leaders and department heads, set expectations for all team members and hold employees accountable for results.
• Lead hiring, performance management, and compensation, and evaluation of team members
• Collaborate with leadership and HR to continually refine and modify career growth and succession plans to meet changing business needs.
What We Are Looking For:
• Prior experience working in a fast-growing organization.
• Prior experience in leading and scaling an extraordinary engineering organization.
• Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent.
• Deep understanding of development processes and methodologies.
• Belief that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge the team to grow and excel.
• Proven experience in working with several organizations and aligning goals, strategies, and objectives.
• Successful track record as an exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business and technical executives.
• At least 7 years of leadership experience in technology organizations
• Significant experience with industry-standard platforms and tooling including AWS, relational and non-relational solutions, Snowflake, Qlik, Tableau, etc.