We are seeking a Vice President of Business Transformation who will be focused on transforming the way we conduct and operate traditional business functions, challenging the status quo and injecting innovative thought leadership to improve operational efficiencies and lead the flawless execution. The scope of this position is broad and includes working with multiple stakeholders throughout the organization, managing and executing a series of transformational and business expansion efforts allowing us to execute; better, smarter, and faster.
The incumbent will work on building new capabilities throughout operational areas that enable an enterprise-wide process evolution such that the organization becomes more flexible, scalable, adaptive, and responsive to new and existing markets and customers. The VP of Business Transformation will be accountable in working with colleagues in the identification and management of these transformational initiatives.The incumbent will play a critical role in leading the organization through a Core Processing System transition by working with other senior leaders to understand the business operations and connectivity to various systems that feed into the new CPS. This individual will work closely with the Senior Operations and IT leadership teams to ensure a seamless, end-to-end transition occurs. Additionally, the incumbent will ensure proper operational integration is maintained by understanding upstream/downstream impacts when operational system enhancements are being requested as it relates to plan’s Customer Relations Management System.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for operations, technology, data, transformation, and innovations. The incumbent should be able to communicate diplomatically and with the utmost discretion with all levels of the organization, from C-Suite to management to frontline staff.
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders on transformational efforts
- Work with Senior Operations and IT leadership in the flawless transition of plan’s core processing system.
- Work with cross-functional partners/teams to support the deployment of new technology and process in targeted areas.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to ensure adherence with approved tools or identification of additional technologies as applicable.
- Lead efforts in business expansion opportunities
- Provide regular status reports on progress and risks to delivery for prioritized efforts.
- Additional tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare, or any analytical field required; Masters degree preferred; and
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in healthcare/managed care Operations preferred
- Experience in being part of large, cross functional projects & programs
- Experience managing and prioritizing a product/program backlog
- Strong leadership attributes and the ability to manage both individuals and initiatives
- Strong prioritization skills to be able to navigate dependencies and high-value opportunities
- Knowledge of and ability to implement new and emerging technologies
- Must have a hunger to continually innovate and leave things better than you found it
- Ability to present to both internal and external stakeholders
- Thought leadership and a “growth mindset” experienced in building adoption or onboarding plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent planning, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Ability to influence and coordinate with both technical and non-technical partners
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to be innovative, creative and think “outside the box”
- Exceptional data and system skills
- Ability to collect and analyze data – use information to build a case for change
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative research and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, VISIO, and PowerPoint.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Planning
- Functional/Technical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in a wide range of mediums.
- Proven presentation and organizational skills.
- Highly detail-oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Work within timeliness, resource constraints, and with ever shifting priorities
- Able to prioritize among competing demands and establish processes to assure timely, accurate, and effective completion of multiple projects.