Manage a variety of projects for division. Projects will vary in complexity and innovation, to include but not limited to construction, acquisitions and process changes/transformations.
Project management duties include initiation and discovery, planning, coordinating the work of the project team, monitoring of project progress, managing communications, and facilitating evaluations on workflow simplification and best practice development as part of a project.
- Provide effective leadership to the project, Division Leadership, and Members of the Team
- Provide effective communication to Members of the Team and Division Leadership.
- Effectively gather, analyze, and communicate data to inform and facilitate decision-making on projects.
- Effectively use change management to ensure successful implementation of innovative solutions.
- Support financial success of projects by participating in budget creation, evaluation and management, and by facilitating sound financial evaluations and decisions, including to operational costs and impacts on a variety of projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 2 years project management experience required
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with MS Office 365 suite strongly preferred (direct use, as well as document management/sharing, SharePoint management a plus)
- Healthcare (Ambulatory preferred), Medical Office, or Clinical experience preferred
- Project Management Professional certification and/or Green Belt certification preferred
- Experience with the following systems a plus: Epic (EMR), Smartsheet, Workday, eBuilder
- Familiarity/comfort level with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
May require infrequent travel to locations within division (throughout VA and Northeast NC).
– Clear, concise written and oral communication
– Highly organized
– Ability to manage and navigate PMO artifacts (e.g., charter, status reports)
– Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
– Facilitation skills
– Negotiation skills
– Conflict management
– Curiosity/questioning attitude
– Ability to work w/cross-functional teams
– Ability to work w/people from different cultures
– Proactive – anticipate needs and problems
– Self-motivated/proactively seeks out resources
– Active listening
– Interpersonal skills
– Ability to influence change
– Comfortable managing ambiguity
– Informal leadership
– Assertive – willing to challenge when appropriate and/or hold accountable (not to be confused with aggressive)
– Creative/Problem solver