Los Angeles, CA
Manage IT Infrastructure to ensure proper planning, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of IT infrastructure while standardizing and optimizing a 24/7 IT hardware and system availability. Build and execute the modernization, standardization and cyber security agenda. Implement a ITSM based support model to meet automation environment demands.
Overall responsibilities are the following:
- Act as primary point of contact for the head of IT regarding the infrastructure platform by leading the IT infrastructure team.
- Implementation and Management of IT infrastructure changes in an operating facility.
- Responsible for driving Operational Excellence and service process optimization and standardization across the company.
- Responsible for the IT service delivery for end-user computing, network, and compute.
- Primary point of contact with regional and global experts to drive the standardization of the local hardware platforms ensuring strong alignment with global standards.
- Driving cyber security compliance and excellence for the company in alignment with regional strategy
- Responsible for developing and managing the budget to run and maintain the infrastructure.
- Responsible for the management and mitigation of all risks associated with infrastructure.
- Ensuring robust business continuity processes and disaster recovery plans for the company.
- Primary point of contact with local and regional vendors to ensure the achievement of the agreed SLAs.
- Work closely with platform counterparts from the region to share good practices and leverage cross companies synergies
- Build up excellent IT service management and IT infrastructure skills and expertise within the local IT team
- Effectively manage stakeholders across platform teams, functions, andto reach agreement on conflicting priorities
- Implement and maintain standard 24×7 network and automation monitoring services
- Follow technology innovations in the network and virtualization domain to advise on applicability within Pier 400.
- Responsible for the optimization of the Data Center and server management process to ensure a high available environment to meet automation demands.
- Identify and ensure the proper skill set within the IT infrastructure area to meet business expectations.
- Adopt and implement the latest Data Center management techniques as part of the modernization agenda.
- Main Interface with the automation team to provide guidance for hardware fixes that are configured from the infrastructure landscape
- Leads and manage the troubleshooting calls for Major Incidents arise to restore business operations as soon as possible.
- Leads the development of root cause analysis for major incidents impacting the operations and ensure identified countermeasures are deployed as planned.
- With the IT manager, define the Tech portfolio modernization, infrastructure simplification and applications rationalization.
Necessary to perform the requirements of the position:
- Education –
- University or higher vocational degree and certification in Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
- Experience –
- Minimum eight (8) years of Infrastructure management and complex network platforms implementation, automation component experience is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of related project handling/coordination experience and process documentation.
- Operational Technology hardware and integration experience is a must.
- Skills – the following are strongly recommended/critical:
- In deep knowledge of Cisco hardware, implementation and support.
- CCNA as a must – CCIE prefer
- Understanding basic concepts of PLCs: Siemens, TIA Portal, ladder logic, ST, FBD, SFC.
- Platforms, Networking, and protocol (TCP/IP, Profibus, ProfiNET, ASI, CAN-Bus)
- Extensive understanding of a wireless connectivity and Lte environments.
- Application lifecycle and IT Service Management concepts
- ITIL V4 Certified is recommended.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement/LEAN/Six Sigma.
- Collaboration – Able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders. Must possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and well-developed communication skills (cross functional as well as on different levels).
- Functional Excellence – Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives. Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure (time and resources), and to apply analytical thinking and creative problem solving to daily tasks. Must be well-organized, punctual, and persistent (personal discipline) with strong internal client service skills.
- Management Skills – Able to demonstrate experience leading infrastructure teams and vendors as both implementation but support business model.
- Advanced Data analysis skills
- Good understanding of the operating model
- Shows credibility with leadership team
- Experience with Agile principles and methods
- Experience with applying WOW (Lean) standards and tooling
- Working experience managing demands
- Problem Solving sounding experience.