San Pedro, CA
Manage IT Infrastructure to ensure proper planning, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of IT infrastructure while standardizing and optimizing a 24/7 IT hardware and system availability. Build and execute the modernization, standardization and cyber security agenda. Implement a ITSM based support model to meet automation environment demands.
Overall responsibilities are the following:
• Act as primary point of contact for the head of IT regarding the infrastructure platform by leading the IT infrastructure team.
• Implementation and Management of IT infrastructure changes in an operating facility.
• Responsible for driving Operational Excellence and service process optimization and standardization across the terminal
• Responsible for the IT service delivery for end-user computing, network, and compute.
• Primary point of contact with regional and global experts to drive the standardization of the local hardware platforms ensuring strong alignment with global standards
• Driving cyber security compliance and excellence for the terminal in alignment with regional strategy
• Responsible for developing and managing the budget to run and maintain the infrastructure
• Responsible for the management and mitigation of all risks associated with terminal infrastructure
• Ensuring robust business continuity processes and disaster recovery plans for the terminal
• Primary point of contact with local and regional vendors to ensure the achievement of the agreed SLAs.
• Work closely with platform counterparts from the region to share good practices and leverage cross Terminal’s synergies
• Build up excellent IT service management and IT infrastructure skills and expertise within the local IT team
• Effectively manage stakeholders across platform teams, functions, and terminals to reach agreement on conflicting priorities
• Implement and maintain standard 24×7 network and automation monitoring services
• Follow technology innovations in the network and virtualization domain to advise on applicability within Pier 400.
• Responsible for the optimization of the Data Center and server management process to ensure a high available environment to meet automation demands.
• Identify and ensure the proper skill set within the IT infrastructure area to meet business expectations.
• Adopt and implement the latest Data Center management techniques as part of the modernization agenda.
• Main Interface with the automation team to provide guidance for hardware fixes that are configured from the terminal infrastructure landscape
• Leads and manage the troubleshooting calls for Major Incidents arise to restore business operations as soon as possible.
• Leads the development of root cause analysis for major incidents impacting the terminal operations and ensure identified countermeasures are deployed as planned.
• With the Terminal IT manager, define the terminal Tech portfolio modernization, infrastructure simplification and applications rationalization
Necessary to perform the requirements of the position:
• Education – University or higher vocational degree and certification in Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
• Experience – Minimum eight (8) years of Infrastructure management and complex network platforms implementation, automation component experience is preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of related project handling/coordination experience and process documentation.
• Operational Technology hardware and integration experience is a must.
• Skills – the following are strongly recommended/critical:
• In deep knowledge of Cisco hardware, implementation and support.
• CCNA as a must – CCIE prefer
• Understanding basic concepts of PLCs: Siemens, TIA Portal, ladder logic, ST, FBD, SFC.
• Platforms, Networking, and protocol (TCP/IP, Profibus, ProfiNET, ASI, CAN-Bus)
• Extensive understanding of a wireless connectivity and Lte environments.
• Application lifecycle and IT Service Management concepts
• ITIL V4 Certified is recommended.
• Understanding of Continuous Improvement/LEAN/Six Sigma.
• Collaboration – Able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders. Must possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and well-developed communication skills (cross functional as well as on different levels).
• Functional Excellence – Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives. Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure (time and resources), and to apply analytical thinking and creative problem solving to daily tasks. Must be well-organized, punctual, and persistent (personal discipline) with strong internal client service skills.
• Management Skills – Able to demonstrate experience leading infrastructure teams and vendors as both implementation but support business model.
• Advanced Data analysis skills
• Good understanding of the terminal operating model
• Shows credibility with Terminal leadership team
• Experience with Agile principles and methods
• Experience with applying WOW (Lean) standards and
• Working experience managing demands
• Problem Solving sounding experience